About data management
The National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA) has responsibility for a range of regulatory and administrative functions for Commonwealth waters that were previously the responsibility of the Designated Authorities. This includes the submission and release of documentary information and petroleum mining samples (petroleum data), in accordance with part 7 and part 8 of the Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage (Resource Management and Administration) Regulations 2011 (RMA Regulations).
NOPTA in collaboration with Geoscience Australia and the Department of Mines and Petroleum (Geological Survey of Western Australia), has established the National Offshore Petroleum Data and Core Repository (NOPDCR) through which petroleum mining samples and digital data are archived, maintained and made available for use once the relevant confidentiality periods expire and data is authorised for release.
For further detail regarding NOPTA's data management function, please refer to the below sections on this website.
- Sample management
- About sample management
- Submission requirements for petroleum mining samples
- Viewing, borrowing or sampling of petroleum mining samples
- Export of petroleum mining samples and reporting requirements
- Variation to sample submission requirements
- Data submissions
- About data submissions
- Regulatory requirements for wells data
- Regulatory requirements for survey data
- Reprocessed survey data
- Variation to data submission requirements
- Related links
- Related documents
- Data compliance
- NOPTA compliance framework
- Titleholder work commitments and reporting
- Notifications of well and survey activities
- Well workover operations
- Related documents
- NOPTA-preferred transmittals
- Information requirements for data submitted to NOPTA
- Data receipt and submission compliance processes
- Additional information for the resubmission of data
- Public release of data
- Open information (also known as 'always open' information)
- Data release—'relevant day'
- Public release of petroleum data
- Requests for publicly released data
|NOPTA News Issue 06—April 2014||N/A||PDF 733 kB|
|Guidelines for reporting and submission of offshore petroleum data||DOCX 135 kB||PDF 606 kB|
|New survey activity from 1 January 2012||XLSX 18 kB||PDF 251 kB|
|New wells activity from 1 January 2012||XLSX 23 kB||PDF 353 kB|
|Fact sheet—Monthly production reports||N/A||PDF 75 kB|
|Monthly production report template||XLSX 316 kB||N/A|
|Monthly production report template—notes for completion||DOCX 169 kB||PDF 586 kB|
For information on submission and release of petroleum mining samples and digital data, and the access and use of confidential information, contact NOPTA at email@example.com.
For information about the access and use of open-file data (available for public release) contact the NOPDCR at firstname.lastname@example.org.